Healthcare providers financial stress is attributable in part to erratic cash flow.
Cylerity saw healthcare providers struggling everyday with cash flow issues.
- Accounts receivables age 30, 60 or even 90 days, putting cash flow well past the need to pay operating expenses.
- Uncertainty associated with the timing and amount of reimbursement payments, makes managing cash flow challenging.
- Borrowing options are necessarily expensive because the uncertainty of claim payment must be priced into the ultimate cost.
These issues put many rural and critical access hospitals in danger of closing or being absorbed by larger systems.
- Cylerity’s solution to this problem was to develop a new, unique financial technology platform that accurately values and effectively collateralizes medical reimbursement claims in near real time.
- Providers using the Cylerity platform receive an advance of 70 – 90% of their claims paid by insurance companies or Medicare within 48 hours after the claims are submitted.
The proprietary valuation algorithm enables the platform to accurately predict the amount of expected reimbursement, the delay before payment, and the statistical likelihood of rejection or denial.
- Allows capital sources to safely advance funds against the receivables within 48 hours. Providers gain access to financing options that are lower cost and more responsive than existing options.
- The Cylerity platform enables responsive, lower-cost financing of Medicare and commercial insurance claims, opening the door to A/R financing options with capital sources identified by Cylerity.
- Introduces capital sources previously unavailable to all but the largest and most financially robust healthcare providers.